Forums Flags on the 48 Journal 9/11 Journal Thank you, participants

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
      #47002 |

I’ve been reading through the trip reports, and still have to collect my photos and journal entries and post mine, but I wanted to say

THANK YOU!!!

to all those who participated in Flags on the 48 this year. Based on the number of name tags used, I think a hundred people came through the Mooseland Grill afterwards. While I was personally thrilled to meet people and put faces to names, as well as see old friends, it was also very moving to see how far this event has come; how many people now participate. This year, the hiking community truly spoke, acted, and remembered as one.

Jayne

It really has come a long way. I remember 3 yrs ago at Woodstock Tavern there were about 20 of us. This is so awesome. Thank everyone for participating and those that organized, printed T shirts, pens and came to support this memorial day. Can’t wait til next year! Jayne :flag:

Alpinista

I just want to thank all the organizers — folks like MichaelJ, Stephen, Greg, SilentCal who brought memorial pens and everyone else whose names are escaping me now. This was the best organized so far, and I for one felt everyone’s spirit in memorializing those who died on 9/11. If the attackers hoped to break our spirit and tear us apart, they have failed. We seem closer together as a community than ever before. :flag:

pedxing

“I just want to thank all the organizers — folks like MichaelJ, Stephen, Greg, SilentCal”

Alpinista

I want to second that. Well done!

hiker721

Hey- I had Galehead. Did you see the flag when I raised it above tree line and waved it around? I was late and didn’t get there til 12:45 :flag:

MichaelJ

Unfortunately, I only did two rounds with the zoom lens, one just after noon and another around 1:30. I heard that some other summit folks saw it but the message didn’t get to me in time while I was up there…

I myself really need to push the thanks for organizing over to Stephen. He did a TON of work for this event and it really came out the way it did thanks to him!

Greg

@MichaelJ wrote:

I myself really need to push the thanks for organizing over to Stephen. He did a TON of work for this event and it really came out the way it did thanks to him!

Agreed. I’m just the Web design geek. Stephen was really the driving force behind this year’s success. He even did some of the critical programming for the signups so I can’t take any credit for that aspect of the FOT48 Web site.

SilentCal

Hats off to Stephen as well. This bird could have never gotten off the ground without his help. Every flagbearer deserves thanks as well, for they are ones that everyones sees and inspires.

bobscout

We just wanted to offer up our thanks to the organizers. They are doing a better job each year! This has become an event that our boys (and adults!) in Troop 83 have really enjoyed being a part of. And several more now have the North Slide route up North Tripyramid under their belts as well!

Bob
                      Troop 83
                      Dracut, MA

2002 North Twin
                      2003 Tecumseh
                      2004 North and Middle Tripyramid

hiker3791

We also want to say what a great job everybody did. It is really awesome that something like this could get organized and carried out. We are so glad we got to participate. We were on Garfield a couple of years ago and this year our pole was much better. We are already planning on improving on next year’s Thanks to you guys for all the work you did preparing for this. It was nicer than ever.

MtnMagic

Thank you Stephen! You did do a *lot* of extra work to organize this year’s event and on this flags site.

Thank you hikers for flying a flag on every one of the 48!

ken

you guys did do a great job – it is fantastic that every peak was covered this year – hope it will be a repeat for many years to come – – – – – – and thanks to the moderators for inviting me to post the n.y. highpoint pictures in the gallery (i see they are getting viewed a lot, i hope everyone enjoyed them).

mt.marcy
                            s.kinsman
                            mt.marcy
                            2005?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • The forum ‘9/11 Journal’ is closed to new topics and replies.