Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
      #47926 |

This note is to thank the creators of this wonderful memorial day.

I found out about this event a year ago while hiking on the 9/11 event weekend. I marked my calendar so I could become involved. We had 22 hikers stay at the Galehead Hut and raised our Flag on Mt. Bond. The flag flew from 11:15 a.m. until 2:15, while all hikers in our group came & went as some trek’d on to Bondcliff.

It was an incredible day and we flew an Iraqi, Canadian & Brazilian flag along with my wife’s retirement flag from 22 years as an Army reservist.

It was a honor to be part of this event and I look forward to many more.

Thanks again.

Sherpa Tom

New Hampshire

@Sherpa Tom wrote:

It was an incredible day and we flew an Iraqi, Canadian & Brazilian flag along with my wife’s retirement flag from 22 years as an Army reservist.

Rock on man! I love hearing this because we occasionally have detractors who complaine about this event being political and/or being too egocentricly focused on the USA. But we have always said “fly whatever you want” (within taste of course). Some people will never get it through their heads that this is about 2,819 people (not all of which were Americans) and not the politics or policies that that tragedy spawned.

Brian

LenDawg

It was great to meet the guys who treked over to Bondcliff! You guys were great!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.