Forums 2013 Flags on the 48 2013 Trips & Routes South Twin

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
      #48194 |

I am looking forward to this year’s event. :flag:

I plan to leave the parking lot on Haystack Road off Route 3 at 0700 via the North Twin Trail and proceed over North Twin to South Twin. I have some peakbaggers with me who are looking to add to their list, so after 1400, the plan is to head down to Galehead Hut, drop packs and head up Galehead, then head down the Gale River Trail to the parking lot on Gale River Loop Road where one of our cars will be to shuttle the group over.

I will have to dust off the flag pole from previous years. I welcome any other memorial items people might have.

People are welcome to head back down the North Twin Trail if they choose. Please plan your gear and food accordingly. Weather conditions are unpredictable, especially in mid-September. At the very least, please bring extra layers, water, some food, and a head lamp.

Post-hike festivities are currently TBD, though I’m sure it will involve a lot of calories and a beer. :beer:

I am looking forward to this year’s event.

Thanks,
      LenDawg

ania_krz

Looking forward to this one! Cannot wait. 0700 it is! I (Ania Krzywicki) and Andy Smith are probably interesting in heading over to Galehead too. Should we have our own car there, or would it be possible to bum a ride back to the original trailhead? Just let me know, otherwise we will probably do an out and back, rather than the loop. Thanks!

Gwen

I’m a little late joining your group, but will meet you all on So Twin. I did the No.Twin trail last year when I completed my NH 4K’s so I plan to solo hike Gale River trail up to So Twin on Sat. and complete the piece of the AT that goes from Galehead hut to So. Twin. I wanted to do something significant to celebrate my 65th Birthday.

Sorry, I will not be around for the after hike beer but after FOT48, will hike Twin Way over to Zealand Hut to treat myself to a night in the huts.

Hunt

LenDawg

I’m looking forward to seeing everyone. As far as car spots go, at WORSE, we can do a couple of shuttles as the locations are close. I will try and plan to have two cars at our ending location to make sure we are ready. Looking forward to this!!

LenDawg :flag:

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • The forum ‘2013 Trips & Routes’ is closed to new topics and replies.