Forums 2012 Flags on the 48 2012 Trips & Routes South Hancock

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
      #48112 |

I’m not the peak coordinator, but I would like to suggest departing from the hairpin turn on the Kanc at 7:30 a.m. and going up over North Hancock before setting up on South Hancock at noon. If we leave at 2:00 p.m., we should get back to the Kanc before 5:00.

I will bring a (very small) solid fuel stove for grilling freedom dogs, along with the hot dogs, buns, and condiments. The FOT48 team I hiked with last year did this and it was great. If anyone else will be coming who didn’t sign up, please post here so I can bring enough food.

TMax, do you have everything we will need to set up the flag?

Bob Saidi

BobSaidi

If you can’t post, email me: saidicom1 AT cox DOT net

Tmax

I have everything we will need. I have 2 flags I fly and the rigging for both. Topofgothics and I will be leaving the trailhead much earlier. I’ve just had knee surgery so I’m moving slowly! But we were planning the same route as you described just leaving at 6:00 or 6:30. I’m sure you’ll catch us along the way!

2005: Madison
          2006: Wildcat D
          2007: Isolation
          2008: Bondcliff
          2009: Willey
          2010: Whiteface
          2011: East Osceola
          2012: South Hancock

BobSaidi

I won’t be able to get there that early. I’ll try to catch up, but I rarely go much faster than book time so we might not meet up until the summit. It looks like the North Hancock team will be right behind me. See you Saturday!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • The forum ‘2012 Trips & Routes’ is closed to new topics and replies.