Forums 2015 Flags on the 48 2015 Trips & Routes REVISED-Wildcat "D" Plan

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
      #48362 |

As far as I know at this point, I’ll be taking the lift along with some non-hiking family members. Having said that, there is an outside I’ll be able to hike by flags day. But since there’s hikers in my group, I’ll let them add there ideas on a start time. And, since I have the set-up (flag, poles etc.,etc.) I’ll be there in time to give the hikers some of the gear to carry up. Particularly the poles which are too long for the Gondola I believe.

So feel free to chime in with any thoughts.

If you know a sun dance, now’s the time to start. This sitting in a cloud thing is getting old. 8)

Mahiker1

Plan is to meet at Glen Ellis Falls Parking lot at 8:15 am and hike up the Wildcat Ridge Trail at 8:30 am. It’s 2.2 miles hike with an elevation gain of 2545 ft. If the water crossing looks difficult, we will meet at Pinkham Notch center at 8:00 am with boots on Lost Pond Trail for 8:15 am.

JustJoe

Sounds like a plan Matt, Thanks. See you and Mark on the 12th.

mwgallant

Joe,

Based on what I witnessed this past weekend in Lincoln, most rivers and streams are well below their norms. Pemi looked to be about 2 feet below normal.

Water crossings should not be a problem. What could go wrong 😀 ?

Hope you can hike with us Joe. Work that Ankle!!

Mark

JustJoe

I took a look at the crossing on 8/29 and it looked doable then. You’ll have 10′ poles to help. 🙂

Unfortunately I will not be able to hike.

JustJoe

I suggested to the hikers we meet at the Pinkham Notch Visitors Center and they park there vs the Glen Ellis Falls lot. A bit safer there. Meet time will be 8:30 at which time I’ll drive whom ever’s hiking to the WRT trail-head. I’ll be heading to Wildcat to ride the gondola. And vice versa at the end of the day.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • The forum ‘2015 Trips & Routes’ is closed to new topics and replies.