Forums 2006 Flags on the 48 2006 Post-Event Gathering Pre/POST Gathering

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
      #47337 |

Folks may have other places they may choose to meet before/after the Flags event. With the Mooseland no longer available, this option is available and open to all.

All who are interested are invited to stay at the KOA Broken Branch Campground September 8 &9, 2006 (Fri/Sat).

KOA Broken Branch has been a huge supporter of Flags on the 48 for many years. They continue their support by offering all participants a reduced rate of $10.00 per person/per night.

Please bring your own food for grilling. Community grills will be available for all.

Whether it is one night, two, or just stopping by, this relatively ideal location has been a great place for all Flags on the 48 participants to gather and share in their memorial of that tragic day of September 11, 2001.

Just go to the office and say you are with the β€œFlags Event”. Our group will be at the island to the right of the office.

Hope to see you there!
      http://www.brokenbranchcampground.com/

MtnMagic

We’ve camped there several times and love it. It’s nice and level with a huge shaded area to comfortably fit all the participants. All readers may feel free to visit us Friday or Saturday night or camp at a discount for 1-3 days. Free hot showers, in a heated building, with music!

TrekMan

I have a special treat, for those who like beer anyway (MtnMagic comes to mind) for after the hike. Dirt and I bottled a few growlers of what we decided to call “Blueberry Flume” last Sunday. I have not tried it yet, but plan to bring it to KOA for the weekend celebrations. It’s a red ale with some blueberry extract added at bottling. Should be good cold!!
          :beer: :beer: :beer:

MtnMagic

Hey there TrekMan. You made me have a big smile just reading your post! I used to brew and absolutely enjoy the taste of specialness. Looking forward to sampling your fine red ale!!
            πŸ˜€

Double Bow

Being on the Flume crew and all, I think I’m going to have to stop by and try your brew after the event! :beer:

Puck

@Double Bow wrote:

Being on the Flume crew and all, I think I’m going to have to stop by and try your brew after the event! :beer:

This is great a brew named after our mountain. DB I will see you there….

Puck

@Double Bow wrote:

This is great a brew named after our mountain. DB I will see you there….

chip

Broken Branch KOA is going to be HOPPING, get it…HOPS !!! Let’s hop, no hope we can keep calm friday so we complete our hikes properly on Saturday. See you all there.

MtnMagic

So, If we do not enjoy our post event micro brewery beers, then Yes, we are missing something very special!

I’m in !!
                      πŸ˜‰
                      πŸ˜€

TrekMan

Well, Dirt, Fiddlehead and I taste-tested the “Blueberry Flume” and have decided that it’s most excellent! I look forward to sharing.
                        :beer:
                        -Trekman

MtnMagic

Great! Looking forward to trying all kinds of excellent brew.
                          πŸ˜€

una_dogger

Thanks again for the Blueberry Flume, TrekMan! It definatley went down easy after a long day of hiking!!

TrekMan

@una_dogger wrote:

Thanks again for the Blueberry Flume, TrekMan! It definatley went down easy after a long day of hiking!!

Glad you enjoyed the brew … it’s the best satisfaction I get out of making a batch, to see others enjoy it!
                              :beer: :beer: :beer:
                              πŸ˜€ 8) πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰

MtnMagic

I appreciate fine brew, as I formally brewed for 3 years. Trekman, your blueberry brew has a most pleasant and a deliouisly rich, distinct aroma and flavor that is the finest brew elevating it to be excellent and outstanding. Worthy of entering an International beer festival. A full 5 stars!

It was wonderful to meet all of you that stopped by to say “hello” or camped for a day or two. What a Saturday, and what a Saturday Night!! It only gets better each year.
                                :beer:

TrekMan

Magic and others – Glad you liked the home brew, hope others did as well. I will have to come up with a different recipe for next year and also key in to the peak we will cover. Should become a tradition no?
                                  -TrekMan :beer: :beer: :beer:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                • The forum ‘2006 Post-Event Gathering’ is closed to new topics and replies.