Forums 2006 Flags on the 48 2006 Post-Event Gathering Post Gathering at KOA – what to bring?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
      #47419 |

For those of us that are not staying at the KOA, what should we expect to find there?

Will there be grills to cook food on?

Do we need to check in at the front office when we arrive?

chip

I’m sure there’ll be plenty of grills, you can definately use part of mine. Someone should call the KOA to find out how they want to handle visitors.

Jaytrek57

Just come to the circle and find me.

I’m the tall, good looking Irish guy. 😆

Peace.

Chris

What’s that Jay, you’ll be standing behind the tall, good-looking Irish guy?? 🙂

chip

I just spoke to the nice lady at the KOA and she’s asking that people visiting should park and check-in at the office and say they are with the “Flags” group. Quiet time is 11pm so we should definately respect that and maybe even plan on 10pm or so. We may have friends visiting us, so I was asking for me, and so I let her know that one of the Flags coordinators may be speaking to her as well.

Jaytrek57

Thanks Chip–

I have been in contact with KOA over the last couple of months. They really, really are a great bunch of folks.

One concern may be parking—(just visiting folks), but I am sure we will figure something out…they have a huge field and all.

Peace.

Chris

Thanks Chip. We’ve developed a good relationship with the management at the KOA, SilentCal, Jaytrek and I have spoken to them regularly (and probably others as well). I posted on another thread that we should be especially weary of the speed limit, dog leash and privacy rules this time around. They love having us, and we love being there so I have no problem working to make sure these rules specifically are followed.

To all: Please spread the word.

Puck

@Chris wrote:

They love having us, and we love being there

I have stayed there twice, at last year’s Flag event and then again during the summer. Both times they were helpfull and friendly. However, at last year’s flag event they seemed festive. It made check in a pleasure.

chip

@Puck wrote:

@Chris wrote:

I have stayed there twice, at last year’s Flag event and then again during the summer. Both times they were helpfull and friendly. However, at last year’s flag event they seemed festive. It made check in a pleasure.

Where are you staying this year ?

Sherpa John

Sarah and I will be there Friday and MAYBE Saturday… and.. I’m her dog and I promise to be quiet and leashed. :beer:

MichaelJ

Now *THAT* would be an avatar!

Puck

@chip wrote:

@Puck wrote:

@Chris wrote:

Where are you staying this year ?

Chip
                            We will be at the KOA Sat night. My sister and crew will also join us…She got bit by the 48 bug and thought that this would be a great way to start it off.

Hope to see you there.

MtnMagic

B&G, I was really hoping you would stop by Saturday night. It was shear excitement to hear everyones tale of the day around the campfires. I hope someone remembered to take pix of the ton of hikers. What an amazing turnout!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                            • The forum ‘2006 Post-Event Gathering’ is closed to new topics and replies.