Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
      #48093 |

This is Dave, not the trip leader. I’m planning on leaving from the Lincoln Woods parking lot early on Saturday. Right now I’m thinking that 6am is a good time. That night I expect to be at 13 falls campsites or near there. Others are welcome to join me.

If our group needs a flag, I have one that was my fathers from the US Army. My pole system needs to be redone last year it did not hold up well with the gusty wind. Just let me know if I should get a pole.

All are welcome to join me.

smartr

Hey Dave – if you want company I can be there between 6:30 and 7:00. And I may be able to bring some materials too…depends on what the trip leader needs.

saxman

6:30 – 7:00; I can do that. I was being a little too conservative on the hiking time.

I have not seen anything from the trip leader. So, I’m planning on making sure there is a flag on the top. If you can bring a Pole we will have it covered.

If we hear an alternate plan from the leader then great.

I have a small light blue car and a small dog.

SilentCal

Thanks guys! This peak is always cause for concern due to the miles. :flag: :flag:

smartr

Let’s narrow the time slot to 6:30 to 6:45. I’ll have red Xterra w/Maine plates. I don’t have a pole for the flag, but let me poke around and see what I can do.

SilentCal

The trip leader has cancelled so can I rely on you two guys to get a flag to the summit?. Does not have to be a big flag and does not need to poke through the treetops. But a helicopter may fly by and take pictures so try to be a little visible if possible.

saxman

I will be there @ 6:30. I have a pole as well. It just had a tough time in the wind last year.

My pole is aluminium sections each 2 1/2 ft long for a total of 12 1/2 ft. We were able to strap it to a tree and barely got it above the tree tops.

I’ll bring both the pole and the flag.

See you at 6am.

AndyS

I’ll probably (95% sure) join you guys. I’ll confirm on Friday mid-day but it looks like a 6:30AM departure is confirmed.

saxman

The more the merrier. I’ll be the one with a small light blue honda fit and a light brown dog.

smartr

6:30 works for me and I can help carry pole sections or whatever we need. See you then.

Rick

OG Rob

Hi Guys,
                          I’m going to try and join in on this trip to Owl’s Head. I had another obligation that it looks like I may be able to get out of. I’ll know by noon time tomorrow (Friday 9-7-2012).

Questions:
                          Start time of 6:30 AM?
                          What route are you taking? Black Pond Bush Whack or trails?
                          Are you all camping at 13 falls? Anyone going for the day?
                          Are there any materials you are in need of?

Thanks,
                          Rob
                          ogrob.email@gmail.com

smartr

Start time: Yes, start time of 6:30 from Lincoln Woods parking lot. 6:45 at the latest.

Route: I’m not familiar with bushwhack options, so I was planning on trails but will do whatever the group decides. Trails would be Lincoln Woods to Franconia Brook to Lincoln Brook, per the Guide.

Camping?: I am going for the day. Two others are meeting us and are just doing out & back as well. I believe Dave is camping.

Materials? Dave has a flag and pole. I think we might be all set.

Rick

OG Rob

I’m in!

:flag:

AndyS

me too.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                              • The forum ‘2012 Trips & Routes’ is closed to new topics and replies.