Forums 2005 Flags on the 48 2005 Post-Event Gathering Officially "Unofficial" Post Trip Libations

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Jeez, I dunno. The Mooseland is at least a mile away from where we’re staying. Not sure we can make it…

:beer:

TrekMan

Two of us from Team Moriah are headed home Sunday, so we will maybe think of Mooseland instead of Red Parka Pub in Glen. There was not a lot of interest in Red Parka when I first suggested it.

SilentCal

Has anyone called the Mooseland? I know a lot of people will head home afterwards but many may just stop in for a quick bite.

Outtabreath

I called the Mooseland and spoke to Dawn and told her many people would be stopping in on Sunday starting around 4 or so. I told her probably not as many as last year, but more than her usual Sunday crowd. She said Thanks for the heads up and she would have a full staff and plenty of beer on hand.
            :beer: :flag:

MtnMagic

The Mooseland get together was spectacular. It seemed that most of you were there having a blast. Great to talk to old friends and make new ones for 3 hours.

Several saw the aurora borealis early Sunday morning. Here is a link to see more of the show: http://www.spaceweather.com/aurora/gallery_01sep05_page4.htm

See you for the 2006 Flags planning meeting in the spring. Be well and happy trails!

(Edited broken link)

TrekMan

Sorry MtnMagic, but Mooseland was a great disappointment once again. Team Moriah arrived at 7:00 and the bartender told me that it would be a while as she was all alone (didn’t someone note that Dawn would have extra staff on hand?). It took until 7:20 to just get beers, so we opted to hit the road as we had a long drive back to CT. Stopped in Bethlehem and had a pasta dinner. Maybe those of you who had arrived earlier were all set at tables and such, but we were not encouraged to stay long. Good to see a few familiar faces though.
                🙁

MtnMagic

Sorry that happened to you Trekman. I ordered a burger at about 6 and it took about 40 minutes to get to my table. From about 6-7 was when most of the hikers arrived, it sure was getting crowded with no empty chairs or table. Yet Stephen and Jen sat at our table around 7:15 and received their food in about 15 minutes. I hope you met most of the good folks that flew flags.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
                • The forum ‘2005 Post-Event Gathering’ is closed to new topics and replies.