Forums 2004 FOT48 Information Archive 2004 Publicity & Media Watch No press coverage this year?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
      #47027 |

I haven’t been able to find any articles related to this year’s event which kind of surprises me. Has anyone else seen anything?

Stephen

@Greg wrote:

I haven’t been able to find any articles related to this year’s event which kind of surprises me. Has anyone else seen anything?

I ran out of time. I stated early on that I wouldn’t be able to run the press releases this year, and they never got picked up by anyone. I got some releases out in the last week, but it was too late to make it into any papers prior to the event.

-Stephen

Greg

I’m still surprised that some of the local papers didn’t do a post-event write-up anyway…

Little Bear

The Foster’s Daily Democrat (Dover, NH) ran an article about the FOT48 on Thursday or Friday (I can’t remember which date) before the event.

MtnMagic

We need to write a press release and send it to every newspaper. The best part is next year will be our 4th!
              😀

Stephen

@Little Bear wrote:

The Foster’s Daily Democrat (Dover, NH) ran an article about the FOT48 on Thursday or Friday (I can’t remember which date) before the event.

If you can find the article (you are the second to tell me about it) and let me know which day, that’d be great. I’m searching online for it, but in vain.

-Stephen

Greg

@Stephen wrote:

If you can find the article (you are the second to tell me about it) and let me know which day, that’d be great. I’m searching online for it, but in vain.

I think this may be it:

http://premium1.fosters.com/2004/news/september2004/09.10.04/friends/friends%5F09010b.asp

Stephen

@Greg wrote:

@Stephen wrote:

I think this may be it:

http://premium1.fosters.com/2004/news/september2004/09.10.04/friends/friends%5F09010b.asp

Yeah, I just found it.

This is our press release.

-Stephen

MtnMagic

Well written! As it is copywritten you have to get permission from the author or change over 15% of the text.

snowball42

The Lawrence (MA) Eagle Tribune did a great story on our group which included some info about the whole event(mostly accurate – there are more than 48 4,00 footers in the US?!). Front page on Friday, Sept 10th. I haven’t been able to access it online, but I have copies if anyone is interested.

Stephen

@snowball42 wrote:

The Lawrence (MA) Eagle Tribune did a great story on our group which included some info about the whole event(mostly accurate – there are more than 48 4,00 footers in the US?!). Front page on Friday, Sept 10th. I haven’t been able to access it online, but I have copies if anyone is interested.

Found it!

http://www.eagletribune.com/framesets/searcharch.htm

MichaelJ

Do you have a link to the inner frame page? That link doesn’t take me anywhere helpful. 🙁

Greg

Click on 9/10 and then you’ll find this article:

http://www.eagletribune.com/news/stories/20040910/FP_003.htm

rbhayes

Michael must still be recovering from his #48 celebration!

MtnMagic

Great to read the article.

We do need to create and distribute a lot of press releases for next year 2 weeks in advance.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                • The forum ‘2004 Publicity & Media Watch’ is closed to new topics and replies.