Forums 2004 FOT48 Information Archive 2004 Signups & Status Need an "easier" peak

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
      #46919 |

So, I’m hoping that I have a problem: I’m hoping that everyone that signed up doesn’t drop out, leaving me free to pick any peak I want to tag along on.

I haven’t hiked since the planning meeting back in June, so I’m not in as good shape as I’d like to be (ie, no plans to do a Presi any time soon).

Given that, any recommendations on an “easier” peak? My list so far is Osceola, E. Osceola, Lincoln, Lafayette, Tecumseh, Flume, Liberty, Monroe, Washington, & Hale.

-Stephen

Greg

Eisenhower via Edmund’s Path?

Stephen

@Mohamed wrote:

Mount Eisenhower is most often climbed by the Edmands Path and the Mount Eisenhower Loop [rt: 6.6 miles, 2,750 feet, 4:40] when done alone. The trail is never very steep, and the footing is good. This hike gives excellent views for a very reasonable effort, but remember that the summit is fully exposed to the weather.

Sounds good to me.

-Stephen

P.S. the address for the site above is http://home.earthlink.net/~ellozy/index.html

SherpaKroto

Stephen, add Jackson, Pierce and Tom to that list, perhaps Cannon (but I always find that one tiring). Jefferson (via Caps), Moosilauke (via Gorge Brook), Garfield (via Garfield), are fairly easy (though Garfield is 10 mi RT). Passaconaway has no steep sections, is a bit long, but easy. Now there’s some options for ya!

SilentCal

Eisenhower is not bad at all via the Edmands Path. The Hancocks are also not too bad. There is milage there but much of the hike is along woods roads. Garfield is a ten-miler but never gets overly taxing and if it’s a nice day, it’s one of the finer summits in the Whites. Plus your that much closer to the Mooseland Grill. Mt. Tom is also quite easy to do and you can get views of the Pemi and the Presidentals from both outlooks.

rbhayes

Join us on Liberty and we’ll drive you too the Mooseland afterwards so you can take a 30 minute nap!

Stephen

@rbhayes wrote:

Join us on Liberty and we’ll drive you too the Mooseland afterwards so you can take a 30 minute nap!

🙂 Thanks for the offer, but did Liberty last year.

Hopefully you’ll have fewer clouds than we did. We got socked in 15 minutes after arriving at the peak!

-Stephen

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • The topic ‘Need an "easier" peak’ is closed to new replies.