Forums 2006 Flags on the 48 2006 Trip Reports Mt. Pierce (Clinton) – Troop 47 raises the colors

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
      #47460 |

Troop 47 started hiking at about 8:30am and summited Pierce a little after 11. Most of the scouts had never seen the southern Prezzies close up so they were amazed at the view.

As they were putting up the flagpole, visitors were already gathering around, very curious about what we were up to. We raised the colors as a friend of mine snapped some pictures.

Many of the visitors signed our guestbook and leafed through an album of rememberences of four of the victims – Peter Gay and Peter Hashem from Tewksbury, MA, Brian Kinney from Lowell, MA, and Andrew Curry Green from Santa Monica, CA . Andrew was a former staff member from the Wah-tut-cah Scout Reservation in Northwood, NH. The album also contains the names of all who lost their lives on 9/11.

We flew the flag from about 11:30 to 2pm, then spent the night down at Mizpah hut. I hope everyone else got down safely before those thunderstorms hit!

On Sunday we came back down via Jackson and Webster. It was a beautiful day.

Even though the weather on Saturday was not as perfect as in recent years, the event was no less profound. The scouts knew that they were a part of something far bigger than themselves. We were honored to be a part of it.

gfb..

TrekMan

That’s a great trip you took and don’t you LOVE the Mizpah Hut!?
        😆

SilentCal

Nice to have met at Lakes the previous Sunday night. What are the chances?

Awesome Job!

Brownie

Great job completed for your Scout team.
            The photo shown with the flag raising and the scouts saluting will be one of my favorite pics of the year!
            I think it deserves “Gallery cover” just for the spirit it shows.:flag:

Hope to see you again next year.

Brownie

Garfield 2006
            S. Twin 2005
            Lincoln 2004

dirt_girl

Amazing young people!!
              :flag:
              FOT48 is honored to have such a fine group particapating in this event!! Great pics!!
              :flag:
              Thank you and your troop!! Awesome job!!!

Peace
              dirt_girl

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • The forum ‘2006 Trip Reports’ is closed to new topics and replies.