Forums 2016 Flags on the 48 2016 Trips & Routes Mt. Liberty Route Details

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
      #48442 |

For those of us joining us for the Mt. Liberty hike I’m looking forward to meeting you at the start of the trail, and the conversations as we make our way to and from the summit.

I am the Scoutmaster for Troop 13 in Pepperell, MA and a small group of our Scouts are planning to make the journey with us to the summit. We will be hiking the Liberty Springs trail, and will depart from the Liberty Springs Trailhead parking lot at 8:30a.

Another Scout Troop – Troop 44 in Walpole, MA – will bring a 20 foot flagpole, and Troop 13 will supply the flag.

The Scouts of Troop 44 are preparing a brief service that they will perform once we summit and raise the flag.

I’m praying for sunny weather on the 10/11th because I am not available for the rain date on the 17th. If someone wants to be my backup, please let me know.

Dick B.

Will we be meeting at the Whitehouse trail head? I look forward to meeting everyone & doing my 5th FOT46.

SilentCal

Just a heads up. There is no rain date. But we are not going to worry about that because we will have blue skies and a gentle breeze for the flags.

Troop13-1

@Dick Bedard – Liberty Springs Trailhead parking lot is on East side of Rt. 3, just north of the parking for Franconia Notch State Park.

Dick B.

A few of us will be hiking up saturday & camping on the trail….If there is anything we can do let us know :flag:

Troop13-1

@ Dick Bedard – sounds like we’ll see you at the summit! When you see a group of Boy Scouts arriving that will be us! Safe hiking, and we will see you there!

Rob

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.