Forums 2008 Flags on the 48 2008 Trips & Routes Mt Liberty

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
      #47640 |

8 AM start – book time hike is a little of 3 hours. Will meet anyone who hikes slower earlier to dole out parts of the gear.

Liberty Springs trail up and down.

We will have a 20 foot pole and 6′ x 8′ flag and guy lines to lug up.

All are invited to join us including 4 legged hikers!

Jason Berard

hey Guys. I’d love to tag along and help haul stuff!
        Looking forward to it. :flag:

Outtabreath

We’ll be hiking Liberty this year, with a 7AM start time and a Noon (or a little later) time arrival (we are very slow). Look forward to seeing you all up there.

bobandgeri

Looking forward to it – only 5 weeks to go! Let’s hope that Mother Nature is getting all of teh rain out of her system and we will be blessed with good weather. But we will be there rain or shine. :flag:

Tobit

@bobandgeri wrote:

Looking forward to it – only 15 weeks to go!

15 weeks?? 😮 😆 It’s only 5 on my calendar. 🙂 Have fun up there on Liberty, I’ll be over on Middle Carter. :flag:

bobandgeri

Okay – so I have fat fingers! :>

bobandgeri

We are meeting at 7:45 at the Whitehouse Trail parking lot (1st lot north of the Flume Visitors Center)

Eveybody will be asked to carry/pack 1 item to the summit and back – part of the flag pole (it comes apart into 6 sections), ropes for the guy lines, etc..

We plan to have the flag up by noontime if not earlier, and take it down at 2 PM. Be sure to bring a jacket to stay warm while on the summit, and of course a camera!

Outtabreath

I’ll see you on the trail somewhere, hopefully I’ll get to the top before the flag comes down. If not, have a great day and I’ll see you on the way down! :flag:

TrishandAlex

We may do this one on Sat. We will take it slowly and leave at daybreak. My hiking partner is my young daughter (she is exceptionally strong and enthusiastic). I anticipate taking it easy and making a lot of stops, so you’ll probably pass us by at some point, despite our early start. If weather looks iffy, however, we’ll do a less exposed peak. Looking forward to meeting you all (weather permitting). Trish and Alex

bobandgeri

We will look forward to meeting! :flag:

Outtabreath

After my most recent workout I have decided I can’t make it to the top. However, I intend on climbing 1368 feet in honor of the height of the World Trade Center which should put me somewhere around 2900 feet, look for me there. :flag:

TrishandAlex

Arg, sorry. My daughter wants to do Jackson instead. After looking at the mileage and elevation gain, we both think she may not be ready for Liberty. She could do it, but it would definitely push her limits of endurance. She thought she wanted the challenge, but this afternoon she changed her mind and requested that we do an “easier” 4K instead. Of course I need to hike to her comfort level, so this means we’re off to Jackson.

Was looking forward to meeting you, but I’m sure we’ll make your acquaintance another time. Have a great hike!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • The forum ‘2008 Trips & Routes’ is closed to new topics and replies.