Forums 2006 Flags on the 48 2006 Trips & Routes Mt Garfield

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
      #47394 |

Hello all Mt. Garfield team members!

We plan to take up the Mt Garfield trail off Route 3, just past the Cannon Ski area Rt 93 interchange going north.
      There is no highway sign saying “Garfield” just “Trail head parking”, carefull you might miss it.

Our plan is to meet at 7:30 AM to load up and then depart by 8AM sharp. Trail is fairly easy with a 3 hour or so total hike. Gives us 45 min+ to set up the flag which must be flying by 12 noon sharp.

Our pole setup is really quite easy to rig, but we will be flying a HUGE 8×12 flag this year! I have several rigging options to explore depending on the wind strength.

Brownie
      :flag:

New Hampshire

10-4 Brownie. Jen and I will be their with smiles on!!!

Brian

MichaelJ

Wear more than that Brian!

Don’t forget that the trailhead is actually down Gale River Road. Make sure you take the correct branch of the road (it’s a loop; you want the southern entrance) and I think you have to make a right turn, too.

New Hampshire

Nifty little brown hiker signs keep you pointed in the right direction. And its not reall a right “turn” per se……rather the road takes a bend (which I actually think is left, not right.) The trailhead is right after you cross a wooden bridge.

And Michael, I think the other would protest quite a bit if all I wore was a smile! 😆 😆

Brian

Brownie

Gale River Road road it IS!
              Thanks Michael.

Anyway…I got the trail, time and hopefully the right mountain… :flag:

MichaelJ

It’s a great mountain for flying a flag. Be sure to check out the gallery, especially 2004, to see the odd setup with the walls from the old fire tower, if you haven’t been there before.

Brownie

@MichaelJ wrote:

It’s a great mountain for flying a flag. Be sure to check out the gallery, especially 2004, to see the odd setup with the walls from the old fire tower, if you haven’t been there before.

YES, I saw your setup in detail just for that reason.
                  I have been to Garfield many times before, but forgot just how big the foundation was, so the previous photos were a great reference.
                  We got one HUGE flag to setup this year!

:flag:

MichaelJ

Hurrah!

New Hampshire

Brownie….the set-up, the flag, everything was simply AMAZING! Good job to you and my fellow team members.

Looking forward to next years event!

Brian

MtnMagic

I was hoping to see you guys at the KOA Saturday night.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • The forum ‘2006 Trips & Routes’ is closed to new topics and replies.