Forums 2017 Flags on the 48 2017 Trips & Routes Mt Carrigain

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
      #61545 |

I’m not the trip coordinator for Carrigain, but I figured I’d post our plan of attack (from our Facebook group):

Signal Ridge Trailhead is located off of Sawyer River Road off of Rte. 302 in Harts Location. It takes approximately 75 minutes to get there from Plymouth. I’d be down for some carpooling but we can start a separate thread for that as well as when we want to start our climb.

The trail is 5 miles long to the peak so it will be a 10 miler once we get back to the vehicles. The start of the trail has a gradual incline with the last 3 miles being steeper. I have done this hike before and it took me 2.5 hours to reach the summit. I would vote on starting our climb early, 7:30ish but no later than 8am. That gives up 3.5 hours to reach the top and start assembling our rig. Once we summit, we have until 2 pm to rest and relax and reflect.

Carrigain is gorgeous. We will have a signal tower to use to enjoy 360 degree views (good weather better happen). Once 2pm hits, we begin our decent the way we came up

borkweb

Our flag gear is as follows:

* 21′ of pole (rigid pvc) cut into ~3′ sections plus a hoist bar
        * hardware/eye hooks
        * paracord for guy wires
        * 7 nylon straps with metal cinches/clamps for clamping it to the tower
        * 10′ flag (14′ corner to corner)

Since the wind is blowing from the North/Northwest, our plan is to lash it to the most southeasterly side of the tower so we have optimal wind pickup with guy wires anchoring the flag down along the rails of the tower.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.