Forums 2017 Flags on the 48 2017 Trips & Routes Mount Cabot route info

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
      #61388 |

The plan for Mt Cabot is to meet at the Unknown Pond parking are on the Berlin Fish Hatchery property. Gates open at 8am (although I’ve heard they may be left open or open earlier than 8). The plan is to start hiking as close to 8am as possible. I plan to be there by 7:30am to go over final plans and dispersion of equipment.

Route: The plan is to hike to Cabot via the Bunnell Notch and Kilkenny Ridge trails. We will fly the flag from 12-2. After bringing the flag down and packing up, we will take the Kilkenny Ridge Trail out over The Bulge and The Horn (via spur trail) and past Unknown Pond. We will then take the Unknown Pond trail back to the parking area for a nice loop hike.

Equipment: I have a 24 foot pole with guy lines and halyard. The pole breaks down into six 4-foot sections. This setup has been well tested, having been used for two previous Fot48 hikes. I also have a flag that I personally flew in Iraq in 2003 and has been used in three previous Fot48 hikes. Other flags are welcome and the halyard can be adjusted to fit various size flags. Please plan on helping to carry sections of the pole to and from the summit.

I look forward to meeting, working, and hiking with everyone that signs up for this peak. Thanks.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.