Forums 2016 Flags on the 48 2016 Trips & Routes Middle Tripyramid

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
      #48433 |

Hello everyone, I’m looking to start communication within team cumulus.
      I know 5 of the 7 people that are on our list are from my family.
      A question for john L, the first name on the list , have you done this , and do you have equipment?
      This is our first 911 hike and we are looking at the best route, where to meet and who will bring what equipment. Kim K is on the list and we would like to hear from you .

we are looking forward to a great hike :flag:

Thanks
      Dave. G (Ascender)

Dave Gagnon

Cumulus , I just read you have done this hike on this peak for several yrs.
        That is awesome, we are looking for some words of input.

Thanks Dave g

Cumulus

@Dave Gagnon wrote:

Cumulus , I just read you have done this hike on this peak for several yrs.

Yes, this will be my eighth year. I just went over my old reports, and we’ve gone up Sabbaday Brook Trail twice, the South Slide twice, the North Slide once, Scaur Ridge Trail once, and Pine Bend Brook Trail once, while we’ve gone down Sabbaday Brook Trail twice, the South Slide once, the North Slide never, Scaur Ridge Trail thrice, and Pine Bend Brook Trail once.

I’m reluctant to schedule Sabbaday Brook Trail, because we can’t know in advance if the brook’s going to be high, and I’m reluctant to schedule the North Slide, because that might be too difficult for some, but any of the others are fine. If someone coming has a preference, let me know. I’m kind of leaning towards Pine Bend Brook Trail, since I haven’t brought the flag up there since 2010.

Dave Gagnon

My group was hoping to do pine bend trail from the kangamangus . I hope that’s possible for the rest of you. Cumulus , do you have the flag , poles lines etc, can we bring anything to help??

Thanks
            Dave g

Cumulus

Pine Bend Brook Trail it is, then. We’ll meet at the trailhead on the Kancamagus Highway at 7:00. I see that the North Tripyramid crew is also going up PBBT, but they’re leaving later, as they have less far to go.

I’ll bring the flag setup. I’ll distribute things to shlep up the mountain at the trailhead.

Keep in mind that you’ll be sitting on a 4000′ peak for a couple hours, so you’ll be colder than you would be if you were hiking at the same elevation for the same time, so make sure you pack enough warm clothing.

Cumulus
              2009-2016: Middle Tripyramid

“One nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.” – Francis Bellamy

mattpalo

Just wanted to say hi and check in. This is the first time I’ve participated. Looking forward to it.

Dave Gagnon

Cumulus,

We are all excited to hike. Looking at pine bend trail time the early start 7am , puts us up there between 1030 and 11am. Our group is coming from out of state and a 8am start would make sense for us putting us up there for approx 1130 . We are looking to make this work if you are heading up earlier, we will simply meet you at the top . Thanks for considering our group situation.let me know your thoughts either way.
                  Dave

Cumulus

A group moves as fast as its slowest hiker. This is why I schedule an early start; you never know how fast the slowest hiker is going to be. I remember one year right after we got the flag set up I looked at my watch and it was 11:59.

However, if you want to start later, that’s fine; what I really need help with is setting up and taking down the flag, not so much transporting it. I just ask that you give me a list of people who are starting later so I don’t unnecessarily wait for them.

Cumulus

Dave Gagnon

Thanks for considering our8am start . we are all avid hikers and well conditioned. Our group consists of john Michelle ,friend,Bruce and myself. We will all be together and ready to go at 8. We would be honored to assist in raising the flag in memory of american heroes and lives lost .
                      Which parking lot are we meeting at?

Is that you with the white beard in the cumulus image??

Dave

Cumulus

I’m not sure you understood me. I’m leaving at 7:00, but I’m fine with you leaving at 8:00. That’s why I wanted to know who’s with you.

I’m still leaving from the Pine Bend Brook Trailhead. Since you’re going separately, it’s up to you where you leave from.

Yes, I’m Cumulus, and that picture is me.

Cumulus

Dave Gagnon

That’s fine well meet you up there planning on summiting
                          around11 -1130 am.

Cumulus

I’m headed to the Whites this (Sat.) morning. I’ll be spending the night at one of those campgrounds off the Kanc. I don’t think I’ll have reception there, so that means the last time I’ll get a chance to check this site will be probably this afternoon.

See you on the mountain!

Cumulus

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.