Forums 2011 Flags on the 48 2011 Trips & Routes Middle Carter

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
      #47952 |

The crew will be climbing up Middle Carter via:
      – Imp Trail (north)
      – North Carter Trail
      – Carter-Moriah Trail

Descent will be the same with the option to hike over to North Carter for some views if the weather holds.

petewireless

Hello Feldmrschl,
        Do you have room for 3 more to hike Middle Carter on 9/11? We have hiked in 2 other years and would really like to hike this year. It would be me a fit 50 year old my 14 yr old son and 17 year old daughter. We would come up the night before and stay at Dolly Cobb to be at the trail head when you are ready.
        Best regards,
        Pete Jeffrey (also of Groton MA)

Feldmrschl

@petewireless wrote:

Hello Feldmrschl,
          Do you have room for 3 more to hike Middle Carter on 9/11? We have hiked in 2 other years and would really like to hike this year. It would be me a fit 50 year old my 14 yr old son and 17 year old daughter. We would come up the night before and stay at Dolly Cobb to be at the trail head when you are ready.
          Best regards,
          Pete Jeffrey (also of Groton MA)

Hey Pete.

No problem. The more, the merrier. We have 6 in our crew ranging in age from early 30s to mid 50s, five men and one woman.

We’re meeting at the Imp Trail (northern) trail head around 7am and starting the hike at 7:30. We’re not speed hikers, so we’re going to go slow and steady, especially considering the unknown trail condition in the wake of Irene.

Glad to meet ya. You’ll know me b/c I’ll be the one wearing the camo bush hat.

SilentCal

Just a heads up. I think the Northern Imp trailhead is closed due to Hurricane Irene damage. The Southern trailhead is indeed open. You guys may want to carpool to the trailhead too from somewhere as I am not sure how much shoulder there is along the highway in that area due to road damage.

Feldmrschl

Thanks. We’ll adjust our plans accordingly.

petewireless

Hi,
                We changed our plan yesterday morning after some car trouble and hiked Osceola.

Thanks,
                Pete

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • The forum ‘2011 Trips & Routes’ is closed to new topics and replies.