Forums 2013 Flags on the 48 2013 Trip Reports Kinsman North

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
      #48234 |

EDIT: Full (more detailed) trip report and pics here:

http://forum.hike-nh.com/viewtopic.php?t=6734

END EDIT

We made it. Ascended the F-n Jimmy River, er, trail.

Completely socked in and in the cloud for the duration. We flew from 11:15 to 1:15 when the rain started so we took things down and headed out. Had about 50 visitors including some who had ascended specifically for flags. Very appreciative sentiments expressed throughout the day. Awesome experience despite 8 of my original crew of 10 bowing out for various reasons.

A shout out to the crew from Charlston, MA who helped us with the flag raising and documenting it with pics taken with my camera by Toby.

Pics will be posted asa I get the response from the auto account.

Thank you to the organizers and moderators for the opportunity to be an active part of this awesome show of solidarity.

pedxing

Wow, your attrition was even worse than ours (we went from 17 to 6, not counting the two dogs who couldn’t back out). We got very lucky with the weather on Wildcat – I’d also planned to leave early if we got much in the way of rain. Glad you got good traffic, even in the clouds.

HikerFedEx

Dont feel bad. We reluctantly took ours down early on Moosilauke also, as the steady mist & strong winds had chilled many of our group to the bone. Our large flag flew roughly 11:30-1pm on the main summit, and a 2nd flag on the South Peak from about 10-1:30pm.

:flag:

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • The forum ‘2013 Trip Reports’ is closed to new topics and replies.