Forums 2011 Flags on the 48 2011 Trips & Routes JEFFERSON – Jewel Trail

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
      #47989 |

With Jefferson Notch Road looking to be down due to damage from Irene, my first thoughts of taking the Caps Ridge Trail will have to change. 😕

I intend to meet at the Cog RR parking area and be ready to start at 0630. Plan is Jewel Trail to Gulfside Trail, to Jefferson Loop Trail and then the Jefferson summit before 1200.

I have my usual flag and flag pole to bring. Looking forward to seeing people. :flag:

– LenDawg

MichaelJ

Len! Glad to have you back this year! I should have looked first before my posts; no worries with you at the helm. And not starting at Lincoln Woods. 😉

MichaelJ

FYI, this report on Jewell from http://www.newenglandtrailconditions.com/closures/

“Bridge adjacent to Cog tracks closed due to significant damage. Bridges via USFS parking in tact and open.”

LenDawg

Thanks MichaelJ for the update.

I’m not catching a break here. I don’t want to have to do the Castle Trail. I’ll work on options.

-LD

LenDawg

Wait, so that bridge is the one next to the COG station… ok, we can still do the full Jewell Trail starting at the hiking parking spot. Anybody know of an issue with that?

Thanks,

LenDawg

rocket21

@LenDawg wrote:

Wait, so that bridge is the one next to the COG station… ok, we can still do the full Jewell Trail starting at the hiking parking spot. Anybody know of an issue with that?

Thanks,

LenDawg

I checked that bridge (the one near the WMNF parking lot) on Tuesday and removed a tree from it, so it should be good to go.

LenDawg

Thanks for the update. Great, so the plan is still on to do the Jewel Trail.

MichaelJ

Sorry for the confusion, yes, you’re good to go from the hiker lot before the cog, just not from the cog lot itself (which next weekend you probably couldn’t have parked at, anyway)

LenDawg

FINAL WORD:
                      I am hitting the road from CT in two hours and probably won’t be back to the website until the hike is over.

Start time is the same (0630), trail is the same (Jewell), starting from the WMNF parking lot near the Cog base.

LenDawg

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • The forum ‘2011 Trips & Routes’ is closed to new topics and replies.