Forums 2007 Flags on the 48 2007 Trip Reports Jefferson

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
      #47613 |

This was my first “Flags on the 48” and I am so glad that I committed the date this year. Every year I say next year.. It’s very hard to describe the feelings when the Flag was raised on top of Jefferson Saturday, I still get goose bumps.
      I think this is one event that shows what great people are in our hiking community, to gather so many on one day for this incredible event.
      Kudo’s to everyone who participated in one form or another! :flag:

I so enjoyed the hike and everyone was so much fun, we shared many laughs along the way. I will be back again next year and am sharing with many friends and relatives the emotions and pride from this event.

The wind was so strong and cloud cover so thick that we couldn’t see any other flags but our’s was up and flapping proud from 12:00-2:00. Of course it started to clear a little as soon as we brought it down…

The losses that so many encountered from that day, will be etched in all of us forever. I pray that the healing continues and that we never forget those that lost their lives. Flying our Flags on the peaks is one small way for us to show that we will never forget 9/11, and those that suffered so much and also those that gave so much.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • The forum ‘2007 Trip Reports’ is closed to new topics and replies.