Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
      #63000 |

Hey all,

Let’s use this thread for planning purposes: check-in, rendezvous and route planning, etc.

I have a crew of about 3 or 4 (including me) coming up from CT. We’re arranging a flag and pole, so should be all set.

Jefferson is a new peak for me, and this is is my first year doing FOT48, so feel free to speak up with any knowledge, info, etc.

Looking forward to it!

cmsample

Hey everyone,

We are the other group of 6 that signed up yesterday, we’ll be coming up from the North Shore of Mass.

It looks like last years group planned to meet at the Caps Ridge Trail parking lot and head up the Caps Ridge Trail at 8am. Should we plan on doing something similar?

This is also our first year doing the FOT48. Glad to see that you have the flag and pole. If there is anything else that you need in terms of equipment, please let us know.

Thank again and we’re looking forward to it as well!
        Chris

phagan_55

Hey, thanks for checking in. Good that you’re a group as well, should make coordinating a little easier.

Definitely think it makes sense to route that way. Good sense to follow last year’s group, and was reading up this morning on the Jefferson routes, and the Caps Ridge is the shortest by a big margin.

So, plan for now is 9/8/2018 at 8:00 am here: Google Maps link to trailhead

Note that parking at the trail head likely requires a permit:

A parking permit is required to park at White Mountain National Forest trailheads and parking areas. You can purchase a WMNF permit from the forest service and other vendors and can also pay-by-the-day using self-service kiosks located in many parking areas.

For more information on parking passes please refer to the White Mountain National Forest website.

Rates:
          $3 per day
          $5 for a week-long pass
          $20 for a year-long pass
          $25 for two year-long passes (one household/two cars)

We’ll make sure to do a dry run with the setup before the actual event, and will reach out if any other equipment needs pop up.

phagan_55

Hey all, just checking in with less than a week left.

Rig is tested, adding some heft anticipating wind on the summit.

North Shore group — do any of you guys have (or mind picking up) an extra flag? We have a good 4’x6′, but want to have an extra on the mountain just in case — 2 is 1, 1 is none.

With 10+, anticipating a few subgroups breaking out. Figured we’d disperse the rig amongst the “fast group.” Setup “should* be fast and easy (potentially jinxing us all, I know!)

Our CT crew is planning on grabbing a local hotel Fri night, happy to meet up for local beers if it makes logistical sense. My (Padraic) # for contact is 860-315-4081 and email is phagan55@gmail.com. I get shit signal up in the Whites, will also forward an alternate contact.

5 days… looking forward to this, gonna be a great event. All thoughts towards good weather!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.