Forums Flags on the 48 Information General Discussion In years past, there was a printable statement thingy….

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
      #47189 |

I’m sure it is right in front of me, but I can’t find it. It was a sort of mission statement to bring along and attach to the base of the flagpole so curious people would know what is going on. This was especially helpful for those of us that like to visit the next peak over during the noon to 2 period.

Is there one for this year? Where is it?

Thanks.

Brownie

I just printed out the “History” page on this site.
        Today in fact!

I am going to try to have a summit register as well.

Brownie

2004: Lincoln
        2005: South Twin

MichaelJ

Yes, what was printed out in previous years became the “History” page this year.

Does it look okay on paper?

Amadeus

Ah. Thanks. I knew it was around here somewhere. I found a copy of the pdf for ’04, but it lacks the newer information.

For me the history page printed with all sorts of extra stuff (links on the left side ‘n whatnot), so I took the liberty of copying the good stuff and printing just that out.

Thanks for the info, I am now ready for the 11th.

Brownie

Michael,
              The page did not print right for me the first times I tried.
              So I have this print trick I do often.
              I used “print screen” on the keyboard which copies the graphic display on screen and saves to PC clipboard.
              Then I open a graphic program like “Microsoft paint” and use “paste” command. This pastes the image to a new file.
              Then I crop the side bar web page graphics out from the contents of the the desired History page.
              End result is a clean display of banner/header, story contents and flag photo at bottom.
              I just send this final image to printer for “scale to fit, single page”

:flag:
              Brownie

MichaelJ

Okay, I made up the history/mission statement in Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) format, ready-to-print as a full page flyer. I made a few very slight wording changes because it flowed a little better when trying to squeeze it all onto the page (and one sentence felt very awkward). Feel free to download it and print it out for your peak. In the past, I’ve always printed and then laminated it, punched a hole in the corner, and tied it to a 6′ cord off one of the guy lines.

In fact … I will have a limited number (probably 15) of these, laminated, available at the KOA on Saturday evening. One per peak, please.

Click here to download, 2MB in size. This is hosted on the Fot48 server now so no worries about downloading it often.

Must … sleep … now …
                :blink:

TrekMan

Thanks MichaelJ for the poster. I printed it here on a good printer (at work) and it looks great. Hope to see some of you this weekend.
                  :flag:

Jayne

Thanks Michael J for making the pdf. It prints really nicely.
                    see you at Mooseland perhaps.

Jayne and Mt Tom crew

SilentCal

I think it’s time to make the 2006 PDF so that people can get it printed up and laminated if they so choose. I’m wondering if we should have it under the “communicate” topic to the left.

Paging MichealJ :flag:

MichaelJ

I did! I posted a link to it to suck it off my website and get it onto the Fot48 site. Did nobody do that? It had the slight flaw of saying “3 days” instead of “4 days” in the history but since I didn’t mention exact dates I decided to not worry about redoing the whole thing just to fix that. 🙂

SilentCal

Doh! my bad. I remember now. It just needs to made more visible now so blind guys like me can find it.

Sorry 🙄

Chris

@MichaelJ wrote:

I did! I posted a link to it to suck it off my website and get it onto the Fot48 site. Did nobody do that? It had the slight flaw of saying “3 days” instead of “4 days” in the history but since I didn’t mention exact dates I decided to not worry about redoing the whole thing just to fix that. 🙂

Ooops, did I miss that one? Post the link here and I’ll get it on this site.
                            😳

MichaelJ
                              SilentCal

Your the best Michael, Thanks

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.