Forums 2017 Flags on the 48 2017 Sign Ups and Status Home Base Group

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
      #48487 |

Hello,

I work with Home Base, we are partnered with the Red Sox Foundation and Massachusetts General Hospital providing free mental health care to Service Members, Veterans and their families. We also run a couple of family friendly programs designed to help Veterans engage others in the surrounding communities, we call one the Adventure Series. I was hoping to be able to offer this event as one, we don’t do enough in the hiking/outdoor realm and I think this cause would really resonate with our population. We aren’t talking any sort of clinical work or anything of the sort, just a bunch of people interested in celebrating this great event and raising a flag atop one of the 48. I’m sure the response will be along the lines of “sure, register for a peak”, but I just wanted to make sure there weren’t any issues with promoting this on our Adventure Series page and possibly bringing upwards of 50 people in our group.

If you would like to look into our organization you can check us out at http://www.homebase.org.

Chris

Hi tdd9,

Sounds like you have an amazing program there! Let’s talk about what it means to promote this on your page, we’d just like to be careful about how the event is portrayed. Please feel free to PM me and we can connect on this point.

As far as bringing 50 people, that would be amazing! Please be aware that Leave No Trace encourages groups to be 10 or fewer in order to limit impact, but that doesn’t mean you can’t break your group into 5 smaller groups to make that work. When we connect we can talk about how best to register all your participants (or some subset).

Looking forward to having you join us!

Chris

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.