Forums Flags on the 48 Information Flagpoles & Flags FREE flag pole

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

how did the telescoping poles work ? are they the commercially available ones, or is there tappered pipes available somewhere ? The only thing I’ve seen at Home Depot are the straight pipes that would need sleaved or threaded coupling, which is fine, just wondering if there is some simpler design out there.

dirt_girl

The same size poles were coupled together, the ones of different diameters were bolted through…. and then there is the duct tape. All the poles were PVC except for the very top poles, we used old tent poles.
        😆
        My brother and Chuck helped me figure it out for packability (about 13 pounds altogether), height (36 feet, 12 feet above tree top) and assembly (the funny part). It worked great in the driveway, the true test at the summit proved to be quite comical and after some minor adjustments quite functional!
        :beer:
        I don’t know of a commercial pole that will reach the height we did without significantly more weight.
        Creating a pole set up that will work for your peak is a challenge that is usually good for a few belly laughs. I highly recommend it!!
        :flag:

dirt_girl

SilentCal

My old screen house’s metal frame comes in four foot sections that interlock with each other. Maybe this idea could be of help for you.

Sherpa John

Any word on the status of the pole in question??

dirt_girl

The pole in question has a happy new home.
              Sorry SherpaJohn

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.