Forums 2010 Flags on the 48 2010 Trip Reports Flown from the highest fire tower in New England on 9/11/10

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
      #47902 |

This is a day when all Americans from every walk of life unite in our resolve for justice and peace. America has stood down enemies before, and we will do so this time. None of us will ever forget this day, yet we go forward to defend freedom and all that is good and just in our world.

Thank you. Good night. And God bless America.

Johnskiismore

Very cool!

LenDawg

i thought i saw your flag by binoculars from bondcliff. very cool.

Pacemaker

We could see the summit flag from Wildcat D with binoculars, but the flags going up the ridge are a touch of CLASS!!!! Very impressive.

Paradox

Great photos, and a very emotional effect. Nicely done. We think we could pick you out from Adams.

DaveM

Awesome Jeremy!
                Love the flags on Signal Ridge
                Boo & Madhatter
                :flag:
                2006 – S. Kinsman (visitor)
                2007 – Mt. Passaconaway
                2008 – Wildcat D
                2009 – Mt. Field
                2010 – Middle Carter

SilentCal

Wow!

Very touching display. :flag:

krobertshaw

The flag atop Carrigain was very clearly seen from the Hancock Loop trail. I mentioned to all visitors who traversed from South to North to check it out. Brilliant idea to line the trail with flags. Having just been up there a few weeks ago, I can only imagine the impact it had on the hikers. What a glorious day!

HikerFedEx

Very nice touch with the approach flags. I’m not at all a Bush fan – but that’s a very moving quote. One worth remembering. Thank you for reminding me how united we once were. Maybe Flags on the 48 can somehow unite us again. :flag:

MichaelJ

This was a year for me to simply tag along and take photos, being a bit busy getting ready for next weekend’s nuptials. Jeremy organized the group while Mark undertook engineering and construction. Mother Nature cooperated by providing an absolutely stellar day. It was cold when we first summited around 11am, I wore a down jacket and wool cap while atop the tower and was still cold, but it soon warmed up, the wind lessened to a breeze, and flags were visible for miles in all directions. I was able to pick out N & S Hancock, Bondcliff, Bond, Garfield, West Bond, and possibly S Twin, Lafayette, and Lincoln. We even had a fly-by, from what we believe was an immature bald eagle.
                        I got up in 3 hours, not far behind the rest of the group (I hope!). Sabrina got a much later start and topped out in an impressive 2:20. We all made it down in 2 hours, rehydrated & socialized, then hit Moat Mountain for ribs and refreshments.
                        It was a day of friends, fun, seriousness, solemnity, joy, sadness, and remembrance. As always, I give thanks that my parents’ flight out of Logan never took off that morning.

My full photo album is at http://www.saletnik.org/gallery2/v/hiking/fot48/fot48-2010/

I’m trying to get some of the photos onto the gallery here, but it’s vexing me. Grr…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • The forum ‘2010 Trip Reports’ is closed to new topics and replies.