Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
      #48299 |

Hi everyone,

Team Field:

Meet at 9 AM ready to hike at the Avalon Trail head which is near the old train station building just south of the Highland Center.

Hike the Avalon Trail for 2.9 miles to the Willey Range Trail. The summit of Flume is very close to this junction, a few minutes up trail.

Book time is 2:40. If we leave at 9, we have 20 minutes past book time. I expect we will likely beat book time by a bit. We will set up the flag pole and flag once we arrive and fly from 12-2 PM. I have everything for the flag setup which I have used on my other FOT48 hikes. We can split up some of the gear at the start.

Looking forward to meeting everyone and having a good hike. On the way out, a side trip up Mount Avalon (0.1 mile off trail) has one of the best views in the range and is definitely worthwhile.

I’ll check this thread periodically for questions or comments.

Scott

jodeacon

Hi Scott, We are really excited about this hike! I’ll be bringing some Massachusetts hikers – Jan, John, Keith, Nancy and my husband Al. Tav and Steve cannot join us, but Jay Davini will be there. I wasn’t sure how to cancel and add a name, but maybe you can do that. I hiked Moosilauke last year for the FON48s, and South Kinsman two years before that. We just finished our 67th last month, and love Field. See you next weekend, Joann

raven

@jodeacon wrote:

Hi Scott, We are really excited about this hike! I’ll be bringing some Massachusetts hikers – Jan, John, Keith, Nancy and my husband Al. Tav and Steve cannot join us, but Jay Davini will be there. I wasn’t sure how to cancel and add a name, but maybe you can do that. I hiked Moosilauke last year for the FON48s, and South Kinsman two years before that. We just finished our 67th last month, and love Field. See you next weekend, Joann

Hi Joann and Team Field –

I’m looking forward to meeting all of you. No worries about trying to cancel the registration. I don’t think we can change those. Congrats on finishing the 67!

See you all Saturday. I’ll check in here again a couple times before then.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • The forum ‘2014 Trips & Routes’ is closed to new topics and replies.