Forums 2005 Flags on the 48 2005 Trips & Routes Carter Dome

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
      #47172 |

Late, but here nonetheless.

CDT (carter dome team) will be doing the loop of 19mile brook to carter-moriah tr to carter dome tr to 19mile brook. we will be starting early (7-7:30 probably) as we’ll again have some enthusiastic and caring middle school students. we will be carrying the chester academy flag and may also establish a presence on nearby mt hight. All others are welcome and encouraged to join us.

can’t wait to get going – will be testing flagpole set-up this week!

-Nate

dirt_girl

Woohoo! Awesome!!
        Not an official 4000 footer but…
        what a great idea to cover Hight too!!!
        :flag: :flag: :flag:
        What a great summit…
        the best 360 degree views anywhere!!!

Welcome back.
        dirt_girl

MichaelJ

There’s one spot on the Dome summit with a clear view across the col to Mt. Hight. If you do get a flag over there, it should make for some awesome pictures – please take a bunch!
          :flag:

TrekMan

I am not totally familiar with the Carter Moriah range, but I suspect we might see each other Sunday. I will have a 6×10 flag on Moriah on a 20-foot pole.
            :flag:

snowball42

trekman- we will see each other from the summits (we hope), South and Middle will be between us – though unless S. is rather industrious, s/he will be tough to see.

Our group is now at 10 from the Chester Academy Outing Club, so it appears that we will have a flag (perhaps a smaller Live Free or Die Flag) on Hight for a while.

Looks like great weather!
              -Nate

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • The forum ‘2005 Trips & Routes’ is closed to new topics and replies.