Forums 2005 Flags on the 48 2005 Planning Meeting 2005 Planning Weekend: May 21-22

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)
  • Author

Oh, I think not Mister MichaelJ! 😀
      You are… by far… one of my very favorite. 😉

dirt_girl

Alpinista

Attending will be moi.
        I’ll be arriving Saturday morning.
        I’ll be leaving Sunday.

Looking forward to seeing everyone, and helping to organize another successful Flags on the 48!
        :beer:

Stephen

Much to my chagrin, I now have a family commitment for the morning of the 25th. Therefore I will not make it up until about 3 or 4 on Saturday.

So, I’ll be looking for a decent Sunday hike.

-Stephen

MichaelJ

The 25th? You mean the 21st, right?

BUT …

Nevermind that you can’t make the morning … I just checked and that weekend is the full moon. You should head out *after* our meeting and do a night hike!
            8)

Stephen

DOH! yeah. meant the 21st.

MtnMagic

looking forward to seeing everyone, and helping to organize another successful Flags on the 48!

Thank you in advance for your help!

Pick a few good hikes and we can talk them up/post them.

Stephen

No midnight hikes for me…

But I am looking for a good 4k on Sunday.

-Stephen

MtnMagic

Welch Dickie is a quick 3 hour hike. How about a nice Tripyramid hike?

About as decent as they come!

Alpinista

I’ve never done Welch Dickie. I might be game for that one!

SilentCal

add one more to my total. Vicki from last year’s meeting will be staying for the weekend as well. Welch and Dickey. Is that the plan for Sunday?
                        How about Garfield on Saturday? An easy 10 miler with not too much steep sections. Does’t really matter though, I’ll hike wherever.

MtnMagic

I’m right into Garfield on Saturday, or any other mtn, whatever the group decides. As long as the slabs aren’t too wet, I’m in for Welch-Dickey on Sunday,

add one more to my total.

Does that mean trail, redline, mtn, hike?

Glad Vickie will be there for the weekend. Got an e from Strider who’s on the AT in GA. Heavy rains down South. Chickety and Posterboy are in NC getting soaked too. Nothing to do but whiteblaze for 2200 miles.

SilentCal

By add one I meant add Vickie to my person count of 1 to make it 2. Those slabs on Garfield are a real nice hangout spot on a nice day. I wasn’t going to hike on Sunday but Welch and Dickey is one I need to redline so you don’t need to twist my arm too much 😆

MtnMagic

Oh, one more to the total. How easy to understand now, when you know. Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

Welch-Dickey is a lot of fun. I’ve done it several times w/ghostdog too. Super views, a nice 3 hour loop. Everyone loves it when the ledges are dry 😉

I’ll bet you go back and hike it again with Grace.

Happy Spring to all!

MichaelJ

Welch-Dickey is jsut about the best-bang-for-the-buck hike up there. And a great idea for Sunday since it’s on the way home down I-93 (Waterville Valley).

Chickety and Neighbor Dave are in NC already? I should have known they’d make good time.

pepsi

@MtnMagic wrote:

Welch Dickie is a quick 3 hour hike. How about a nice Tripyramid hike?

About as decent as they come!

I’d be interested in the Tripyramids on Sunday.

I’m also looking at something for Saturday. Passaconaway? Carrigain? Isolation?

Or Tripyramids on Saturday?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)
                                • The forum ‘2005 Planning Meeting’ is closed to new topics and replies.